Happy Baby!!!
This past month has been a huge learning month for Preston. He has grown and developed so quickly that it took Brent and I by surprise. He's gone from our little baby baby to just our little baby. The big accomplishments this month would definitely be his ability to completely roll over, sleep on his tummy and keep his head lifted the entire time he is on his belly. He can now hold toys and inspect them by touching and putting them in his mouth. He stills loves very much to be held but he is enjoying laying on the ground and rolling all around and using his little legs to scoot himself a few inches.
Special Moment of the Month:
I have 2 special moments this month. The first was when Preston giggled for the first time. I was entertaining him while he was on his changing table and during one of his many smiles, a little giggle came out. I couldn't believe it and ran to get Brent so he could hear him too. He didn't do it again until a few days later. I can't wait until he is giggling all the time.
My second special moment was when I was holding Preston one evening while watching TV and I looked down at him and he was looking straight at me. I thought he had fallen asleep but he was still barely awake. I kissed his check and he gave me the biggest smile. I kissed him again and he smiled so big. I kept kissing him and he kept smiling every time I kissed him. It made me tear up because I knew he felt so safe and happy to be held in my arms. I held him so close to me and enjoyed every minute of it!!
Preston's likes:
I'm not sure what it is but Preston loves it when you clap your hands and say yea!! Its so cute because he smiles so big and looks to be so excited. He also gets excited when he gets in front of a mirror and can see his reflection. I'm sure he doesn't know it is him but it sure does make him happy. He likes to play with his hands and feet and enjoys pulling his socks off making momma put them on again and again. Not that he can grab and hold things, grabbing my hair has been an easy grab for him lately so I have been having to put my hair back when I play to hold him for a while. Preston's teachers say his favorite toy is the blue ball with holes and rattles in it and the big yellow square on the play mat. Yellow means happiness and enlightenment which makes perfect sense why Preston likes yellow because he is a very happy boy. Preston has moved from being a side sleeper to a tummy sleeper with his booty in the air. He woke up one morning with red knees for being on them for so long. He has also enjoyed being introduced to his bigger toys like the exersaucer and indoor/outdoor swing. When we put him in the exersaucer for the first time, his little eyes open so big and he looked to be in complete amazement. I will never forget the expression on his face, it was priceless.
Sleeping with his butt in the air
Preston's Dislikes
By the end of the month Preston has finally stopped fussing when you put him in his carrier. Not sure why he all of a sudden fussed when we put him in there but he is doing better with it now. Preston's biggest dislike is having his belly and hair washed. He's completely fine sitting in the bath water and having his legs washed but the minute you start to wash his tummy he begins to fuss and cry. He continues to fuss as you wash his hair so being the smart momma I am, I came up with some distraction tactics that have seemed to help. When he starts to fuss, I play with his mouth using the wash cloth and he seems to love that. Then I can finish his bath with no more crying!!
By the end of the month Preston has finally stopped fussing when you put him in his carrier. Not sure why he all of a sudden fussed when we put him in there but he is doing better with it now. Preston's biggest dislike is having his belly and hair washed. He's completely fine sitting in the bath water and having his legs washed but the minute you start to wash his tummy he begins to fuss and cry. He continues to fuss as you wash his hair so being the smart momma I am, I came up with some distraction tactics that have seemed to help. When he starts to fuss, I play with his mouth using the wash cloth and he seems to love that. Then I can finish his bath with no more crying!!
No comments:
Post a Comment