Brent and I both took Friday, Oct 19th off from work to take Preston to the Fair for the first time. We were both soo excited to get the day started and it couldn’t have been a prettier day for the Fair with the temperature in the 80s and clear blue skies. Preston ended up taking an early nap so we didn’t head out in the morning like we had planned. While I was watching TV waiting from him to wake from his nap, the news station interrupted the program I was watching with Breaking News. I couldn’t believe it when they announced that Big Tex had just gone up in flames. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. At first I was sad because a piece of history was now gone and then it hit me that I wasn’t going to be able to get a picture of Preston with Big Tex in the background anymore. That made me even sadder. When I told Brent the news he couldn’t believe it either but then he wanted to get to the Fair as soon as possible so we could witness all the aftermath.
When we got there, we were welcomed by all the news helicopters flying around and as we made our way to Big Tex you could see his medal frame in the distance. It was actually pretty sad to see but I still got Preston’s picture with Big Tex just not the one I was planning for.
Poor Big Tex
After mourning Big Tex, we found the closest Fletchers Corny Dog line and order us a couple of corny dogs. We hadn’t had one of those in a few years and it tasted soo good. I tore off a small piece and gave it to Preston to try. He wasn’t big on the fried batter but give him a year or two and I know he will love it.
Preston's First Fletcher
What is this thing mommy?
Let me try
About to take his first bite
His first State Fair Corny Dog taste
Let me try this again
After our corny dog feast we walked around and made our way to the Midway area. I was excited for Preston to see all the lights and sounds of the rides and games. He loved looking at all the commotion and I got a few cute pictures of him and I next to all the colorful kiddy rides. Brent wanted to take Preston down the big slide but the man running the slide wouldn’t let him. So we grabbed a bag of cotton candy and continued to walk around. Brent did get suckered into playing a game by a very convincing game host but he lost of course. But I was glad he at least tried!!
We made it to the Midway
Preston loved all the colors & sounds
Not sure how I feel about the almost naked lady
Preston got to sit in the train ride
Love this little boy soo soo much
Having a blast
This lady actually convinced Brent to spend $5 on this game...she's good :)
Good luck
Don't miss
Momma favorite part...Cotton Candy
I guess I have to share my cotton candy now
After the midway, Brent wanted to look at the cars so we grabbed a fried hamburger on the way and Preston got to take a quick nap while Daddy sat in all the cars trying to convince momma we needed one.
Daddy about to chow down on some fried hamburger
Taking a break to play
Mommy get it off
Loving the fresh air
Preston's hair blowing in the wind
Hey mommy, what cha doin?
Doing a little shopping
Looking up at the big industrial fan up above
Everyone watching the lowering of the flag
We had a few coupons left so we tried a batch of fried Frito Pie and then headed to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Preston was soo cute at dinner just smiling and laughing and pooping 3 times while we were there.
It was a great family day and I can’t wait until next year!! Hopefully Big Tex will be back in full force.
No comments:
Post a Comment