Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter


Easter Sunday was packed full of fun and family. We started the morning at church with Kathy for the early service. Johnny had to work so Kathy was happy that Brent, Preston and I joined her. I dropped Preston off at the church preschool for the first time and he did pretty good. Good thing I brought his pacifier because when we picked him up, the teacher said he cried a lot but when she gave him his pacifier he was much better.
After church, we got home, got in more comfortable clothes and I started to put my bacon wrapped chicken, pineapple casserole and cream cheese and honey bread all in the oven. Preston went down for a nap at 12pm which was perfect because that allowed me to get all my last minutes things done like my Easter basket cookie cups before everyone arrived for Easter Lunch.

After lunch, I had Kaci and Makinzi spread all of Preston’s and Caroline’s Easter eggs out in the backyard for them to first have their egg hunt. The family gathered outside the watch Preston do his first official egg hunt on his own because last year he was just a baby. We all enjoyed watching him pick up the eggs and so proudly place them in his big Easter basket. Christina took Caroline around to pick up a few eggs then it was time for Kaci and Makinzi to hunt their eggs.

Christina, Caroline, Me and Preston
Off he goes
 He's a Pro!!
 Having fun
Showing Daddy his egg
 The many spectators watching
 Taking a quick break to plank I guess
 He found his BIG egg from Mal & Paw Paw!!
Taking his BIG egg to show Mal
 Chad and his girls
Uncle B, Aunt Jessie, Grandpa Dave and Paw Paw
 Big Dave and Davey
 Mika and Tina
Sweet Makinzi
 Kaci Ray
 Mr. Show Off
 I remember playing keep-away as a kid
Daddy and Preston playing lawn mower
 Gram Gram playing with Caroline
Grandma giving Preston his Easter gift
Me looking for my Easter candy
 Still looking
 Yea, I found them!!!

I had Jerod spread and hide their eggs then I explained to them how the egg hunt was going to go. I saw an idea on Pintrest to do an egg scavenger style hunt and thought I would give it a shot. I went over the rules and the girls were off to find their specific eggs. I ended up having to help them find their eggs but it made the egg hunt last longer and I think the girls enjoyed it. Jerod then had to find his big egg the girls hid for him to find.

I’m so glad the rain cleared out because it ended up being a beautiful day and it was nice spending the day with all of our family. Jerod and I had a good time playing around and throwing water and ice at each other and then finishing off his huge tub of cotton candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment