Christmas Eve had finally arrived and I was so happy to share the special day with my family!! Again I was excited that we got to share our new home with everyone and begin making memories we will cherish forever. Everyone came over a little early so the kids had time to play outside before it got too dark. To hold them over before it was time to open presents, I got an idea from Pintrest about wrapping little $1 gifts for the kids so they could open 1 every hour before it was time to open presents. This worked perfectly because the kids were just excited to open something and when it was something fun to play with, they got excited. I let them open the silly string first and they loved it. I should have bought more considering the silly string goes fast. Next they opened lighted masks and glasses. Even us adults got in on this one. I also got them poppers and ring pops.
A few Christmas decorations pics
Christmas Eve Morning eating fruit snack & watching Charlie Brown Christmas
Playing outside before everyone arrives
Photo Op
I love how the pics of my parents progress as they loose up. I also love how my dad keeps the Charlie Angels pose no matter what my mom is doing to him. Soo cute
Loosing up now
Here we go!! Love it
Best Buds
I feel a friendly slap coming on
Yep, there it is
Mal with her boys
The Girls
Play time
Attacked Brent first with the silly string
Photo crasher
Glow masks
Glow glasses
All the grandkids
The food was finally ready and we ate our traditional chicken enchiladas, chips and hot sauce from El Phoenix and mom made her famous taco salad. This year, my dad had a great idea to have Chad and David play their gaiters and we all sit around the living room and sing a few carols before we started in on the presents. Most of us were down but some weren't so sure but once we got started, everyone loved singing and Makinzi even showed us her 12 Days of Christmas hand motions when we sang that song. It was an awesome mood setter and when we got done all of us commented that we should do that every year from now on.
Time to sing a few songs
12 Days of Christmas motions
After we sang, we didn't torture the kids any longer and we began opening presents. I played Santa and passed out all the gifts a few at a time so we could all enjoy watching each other receive gifts. Preston received a Toy Story horse and Woody figurine, a rubber bouncy dinosaur, ramp, sled, stacking blocks, wooden blocks, etch-a-sketch doodler, clothes, wooden hammer and peg set, remote control car and a new sock monkey.
Time for some gifts
Rough-housing
Everyone hung out for a little bit after we opened gifts but then it was time for Brent, Preston and I to head out to make our way over to Vicki and Dave's to spend the night with them and Brad and Jessie. I loved this Christmas Eve and hope for many more like this one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment