Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pictures with Santa & Bass Pro 2013


This year Preston got to meet Santa not once but twice and both times he was absolutely terrified of him. He first saw Santa at school when he came to visit. I wasn't there when the kids got to meet Santa but the school emailed all the parents pictures of their kids with Santa. I wasn't too sure how Preston would handle it and when I got the email and the email read, "We promise he was completely fine afterwards" I knew it didn't go well. This is what I was emailed from Preston's first encounter with Santa this year! I couldn't help but laugh and Brent got a kick out of it too.
Primrose Rockwall Santa
I wanted to try Santa again to see if Preston would be more calm if Brent and I were there with him so we took him to the Bass Pro Santa because it was free and we had heard they had a fun and elaborate set up. We got Preston all dressed and headed up there only to find out that everyone else had the same idea and all the pass cards were gone for that day. They told us we had to come back first thing in the morning to get a pass card for the next day. Since we were there, we walked around and let Preston explore the children's area and the Christmas set ups. He enjoyed the coloring station, playing in the fake snow and looking and hearing all the sights and sounds around him. The next morning at 9am Brent headed to Bass Pro and stood in line for over 30 minutes just to get a pass card so we could come back during our time slot and still stand in line. Crazy things parents do for their kidos and the perfect shot with Santa.

 Pushing over the display logs of course
 Coloring Station
 Concentrating hard

Our time slot was from 3-3:30pm and my parents came with us to keep Preston entertained while I waited in line. When it finally came our turn, I was a little nervous that we had done all that work and we wouldn't get a good picture because more than likely Preston would get upset once he saw Santa. Mrs. Clause had a good idea and told us that if he was a screamer, Santa would go behind the door and come back out and stand behind his chair and look over Preston so we could get a decent picture. That sounded like the perfect idea and it pretty much worked. We had to use a candy cane to get Preston to sit in Santa's chair but he finally sat there by himself and Santa sneaked in behind Preston. Preston very quickly realized Santa was behind him and bolted off that chair so fast. Luckily we got a good picture and all was well.

Hanging out with Mal & PawPaw
 Daddy having a good time too
 Our turn finally
 Santa sneaking back in behind Preston
 We got our shot!!
 Just realized Santa was behind him and he was out of there

No comments:

Post a Comment