Thursday, July 7, 2011

First Doctor's Appointment

My first doctor's appointment was on Thursday, June 9th and it was so exciting. I have been waiting for this day just as much as I had waited for my wedding day. It was such a surreal feeling walking into the doctors office knowing this was for real. Brent and I kept saying to each other as we were walking up that we couldn't believe we are going to be parents. I thought this appointment would be my "Big" appointment that everyone was telling me about but it ended up being an appointment to confirm the pregnancy and to answer any questions we may have had. When the nurse came out to get Brent and I from the waiting room, she said hello and asked if we were ready for our first sono. I was beside myself with excitement knowing we were about to see our baby for the first time!! The nurse took us back to the sono room and Brent and I just sat there in amazement. The doctor came in and got started right away. I of course started to cry when the image of our little one came on the screen and you could see the little heart beat beating away. Brent got way more excited than I thought he would as he leaned over me stroking my arm and asking the doctor all kinds of questions. Half way into it, our doctor looked at us with a puzzled look and asked, "do twins run in your family?" We both looked at each other with shock on our faces and said we didn't think so. Our doctor said I did get pregnant with twins but one of them didn't make it. I didn't really know how to feel at the time but afterwards when it had a chance to soak in, I did morn for the one I lost. After my sono, the nurse took one pint of blood and then we were all done. I will never forget that day for the rest of my life!!

Waiting on the doctor to arrive

Looking at the screen that will soon display our baby

That's either Ella or Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment