Happy Father's Day John

Sweet Kathy


Happy Father's Day B-rent

Brent trying to balance on the big volley ball

John giving it his best shot

Kathy couldn't resist trying too

Ahh soo nice

Brad and Jessie

Love hangin by the pool

Brent's First Father's Day
Brent celebrated his first father's day on Sunday, June 19, 2011. I thought long and hard about what to do for Brent and I came up with getting him a couple of baby books he could read to the baby when he/she arrives. I asked his mom what Brent's favorite childhood book was when he was growing up and she said he loved "Goodnight Moon". I don't remember that one as a kid but she said he liked it. I also wanted to get him a daddy book since it was father's day and luckily I found the "Daddy Hugs" book. I had my little nephew Jerod wrap the books and write Happy Father's Day on the package in marker to give the gift the feeling that a little kid wrapped it.
The morning of Father's Day, I woke up excited about Brent's big day. I looked out in the backyard like I normally do every morning to feed the alley cat and I couldn't believe what I saw...5 baby kitties. I ran and woke Brent up and said there was a big surprise for him outside. He jumped out of bed and I told him to look in the backyard. He loves cats and couldn't believe the little alley cat we have been feeding must have had baby kitties a few days ago. We watched them eat from inside and then Brent couldn't resist wanting to pick one up. They all ran away when he went outside but then they came back after we went back inside to finish their meal. While Brent was watching the kitties, I went and got his gift from my hiding spot. He looked surprise that I had a present for him. He first ready his card then opened his books. When he opened "Goodnight Moon" he said he loved that book as a kid. He read the whole thing before opening the other book. After Brent opened his presents we met my family for lunch to celebrate father's day with my dad. He wanted the movie True Grit so that's what I got him.
Happy Father's Day!!
Brent's first father's day gift

Brent's favorite book as a kid

Reading the "Daddy Hugs" book


Baby kitties on Father's Day

No comments:
Post a Comment