Sue & I and our babies

All the girls at the shower

Brent's 29th Birthday
Brent was in for several surprises for his 29th birthday. We first ate dinner with John and Kathy at Tillman's Roadhouse in Oak Cliff. We have all wanted to try this place but have just never gone. The atmosphere was great and the homemade smores for desserts were to die for. During our conversation, Kathy asked if we would like to start a yearly tradition of joining her, John and her family for their summer vacation in Galveston. They always rent a house, buy food to cook and hang out on the beach all week. It made me feel so special that she would invite us to join them when this is something her family has done since her kids will little. I'm so excited to start all kinds of traditions when the baby arrives and I'm so thrilled that we already have one in the works.
On Brent's actual birthday, my parents took us out to dinner at Red Lobster. I had been craving their cheddar biscuits and I ate my full share of them. My parents were kind enough to get Brent a nice bottle of Polo Black cologne and Jerod made him a very "Jerod" card. That morning I had given Brent a new wallet since he got his all wet when we were in Cabo.
Then on Saturday, I had a full day for Brent and he had no idea what was in store for him. His mind started to wonder when I told him to be ready by 3:30pm and I totally played into his worried little mind. He thought I had something crazy planned like sky-diving or hot air balloon ride. He was finally relieved when he took his blind fold off and was in front of a Spa in the Shops of Legacy. Brent has never had a massage before and I booked him for an hour and a half massage. He was totally surprised and thought an hour and a half would be too long. When he got done and met me in the waiting room he said, "yep you were right, that hour and a half few by." Feeling all relaxed, we headed to Blue Fish for dinner with Vicki and Dave. We ordered 3 sunday rolls, shrimp tempura, spider roll, texas roll and the mega lobster roll. It was soo delicious. I was planning to take Brent to see the Hangover 2 after dinner but it wasn't playing until 10:30pm and we were so tired and stuffed that we just went home and went to bed. Brent thanked me several times for planning a nice and relaxing birthday for him.
Hope you enjoy your last year in your 20's B-rent!!!
About to get a massage for the first time

Sushi dinner with Vicki and Dave

Birthday brownies

No comments:
Post a Comment