Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Brand New Halloween Tradition


On October 1, totally unexpected a new Halloween tradition was born and here is how it happened!!
Brent came home around 7:30pm on Oct 1 and was in the mood to do something so I suggested since it was officially October, we could go to the grocery store and buy some candy to fill the Halloween candy bowl. I don't think that was exactly what Brent had in mind but he humored me and went along. I got the idea that I wanted to make it extra fun so I dressed Preston in his skeleton PJ's because he looks just soo darn cute in them. I have been buying him skeleton PJ's since he was born and this year was no different.
We loaded up and headed to Kroger. Preston was thrilled to "drive" the cart around while mommy picked out all the candy. We bought a little over $30 worth and headed back home. I put my Halloween candy bowl on the floor and asked Preston to help me dump all the candy into the bowl. He was more interested in opening "his" bag of dump dump suckers more than helping me but that was ok. I ended up dumping all the candy on the floor to mix it up and when Preston saw all the candy he made a mad dash for it and slide right threw it. It was pretty cute so we let him play in the candy for a minute. 
We filled my candy bucket and then I told Brent..."hey, we should do this every year from here on out on Oct 1. Go to the grocery store and get our Halloween candy for the month to kick off the holiday season!!" I think I was more excited then him but he agreed so that is how our new Halloween tradition started!!

Let the candy dumping begin
We decided to dump all the candy on the floor to mix it all up
 Sliding into the pill of candy
 Proud of all his dump dumps
 Now he grabs about 5 dump dumps a day
Halloween decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment