Brent and I were excited to take Preston to the fair this year because (one) we didn't go last year and (two) he is getting big enough now to really enjoy outing type activities. We basically wanted to do all the classic fair stuff and that is exactly what we did. We went during the evening after Brent got off work and it was perfect timing. The weather was beginning to cool off and going in the evening, we didn't have to mess with a big crowd.
First things first...Big Tex and Fletchers corny dogs. I wanted to make sure we got a picture in front of Big Tex before it got dark and it was cute to see Preston's reaction to such a large, human looking object. He called him the "Big Guy" but eventually started to call him "Big Tex". The corny dogs were good but Brent and I both agreed they didn't taste as good as they always have.
Next up was the Midway and letting Preston take in all the sights and sounds. We all spotted the ferris wheel and knew we had to go for a ride. I'm pretty sure I have ridden the ferris wheel before but couldn't remember for sure so it was fun experiencing it like it was my first time along with Preston and his first time.
Next up, I wanted to taste some of the unique foods and heard the fried thanksgiving dinner was good. We found it and it was good but not real hot so I gave it a "6" out of 10.
We made our way around the fair grounds and luckily made it to the parade right as they were starting. Preston got to see the P-cars with their lights on and all the sparkly floats. He enjoyed this part a lot.
We wrapped the night up with a quick walk through the auto show, a mouth full of cotton candy and fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich washed down with fresh lemonade.
Hi "Big Guy"!!
Texas Tradition
Lets go for a ride!!
Not real excited about the random fireworks "booms"
No comments:
Post a Comment