The day Sue and I had been training for and waiting on for 3 months, had finally arrived...our Dallas Half-Marathon Race!!! Sue and I were super excited the day of our race that waking up at 5am on a Sunday seemed almost worth it. Up until this moment, Sue and I have been running on the Highway 66 bridge for 3 months building up our endurance to be able to run 13 miles non-stop. We ensured to allow ourselves enough time to get to downtown, park, potty and in place by the start of the race. The energy was unbelievable and you could feel the excitement in the air as soon as we got there. We took a few pics, coordinated with our families who came out to support us, waited in anticipation for 20 minutes and then we were off.
I was feeling pretty good the majority of the first half but when we made our way through Highland Park that is when it started to get a little difficult for me as the elevations were uphill the majority of the time. I was also building up a pretty good size water blister that I could feel with each and every step but Sue kept me going and we finished the race together at 2hrs and 30 minutes.
I felt a huge sense of accomplishment when I not only crossed the finish line but when I saw my baby boy, husband and mother cheering me on at mile 13 just before the finish line. I gave Sue a big hug and even got a little teary eyed when it was all said and done. I was super proud and Sue and myself and maybe in the near future, I will run a half-marathon again but for sure never a full marathon...those people are crazy!!
Feeling the excitement
Soo many people
Coming in at mile 13
Crossing the finish line
2 working moms making it all happen...Congrats Sue
Mega water blister






No comments:
Post a Comment