Monday, May 10, 2010

Beer Merchant 101

I went to Milwaukee, WI a few weeks ago with my work to complete the Beer Merchant 101 class. It's a pretty big deal to get in this class apparently because we had to complete quizzes before we could actually enroll. I was dreading going because I would have to be away for an entire week and spend all that time in a class room learning boring beer stuff and do quizzes everyday over the material we covered. But in the end, it turned out to be a lot of fun, I learned a ton and even came in 2nd place in a class of 20 people. I received an award as well as a home brewing kit that was shipped to my house. Brent is very excited about that. I did have to present at the awards dinner which was very nerve racking but I made it through and came out with a lot more confidence. Me, Heather, Ashely and Ruben are now enrolled in Beer Merchant 201 that will be held in June. I'm pretty excited because we are solely learning how to conduct a beer dinner. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

At the Awards Dinner

Grabbing a drink after a long week of training

This was one of our instructors, he totally looked like Ryan Seacrest in person but not some much in this picture

No comments:

Post a Comment