To start the weekend, I packed my bags and headed to my parents house Friday after work to stay with them all weekend. I had a long day at work so it was nice to take it easy and just go out to eat with my parents, Bubba, Michelle and Jerod.
Jerod spent the night with us on Friday night and when I finally woke up Saturday morning him and I built a fort in the living room and played Guess Who for a while. My mom and I have been wanting to take Jerod some place special for doing so well on his TAKS test, so we all decided to go some where new for lunch when Michelle got off work. We all agreed Twisted Root Burger in Deep Elm would be fun to try out!! Jerod was very excited and he was hoping we would get the Spiderman name for our order but we ended up being called Mike Tyson. Michelle and I both ordered the turkey burger and I brought my own fat free cheddar cheese...I know totally lame. The burgers were great and we all had a great time!!
At Twisted Root Burger

Bubba & Michelle

2 of my favorite people!!

Jerod's impression of Mike Tyson

Our Saturday fun continued at Bubba & Michelle's pool that afternoon and it worked out perfect because for a good long while we were the only ones using the pool so we had it all to ourselves!! At first, it was just Jerod, my Mom and I for a few hours then Bub and Michelle joined a little later. Jerod had a blast showing off his superhero tricks and swimming skills. Towards the end, my dad joined the party and even got into the pool and played around for a bit. It was a great time and cheap too!! We all worked up an appetite and pizza seemed to be calling our names. So we dried off and headed to Cici's Pizza. This didn't help my diet any but man was it good. I had about 5 pieces of pizza, salad, 3 cinnamon rolls and 2 apple crisp slices. Not sure how many calories that was but I worked some of it off when I got back to the house. Great Saturday fun!!
Mom & Me at the pool

Jerod showing off his jumping off trick's

Bubba & Michelle decided to join the pool party


Bubba making his pool waves

Mom trying to be a kid again...oh how I love her

Bub and I racing...I beat him 3 times in a row!!

I love seeing my dad smile again : )

Jerod showing off his swimming skills

More trick's...this one was his "Hulk" impression

Michelle & I

Family photo

Long day in the pool = very wrinkly hands

Sunday Sue and Weston threw a Memorial Day Pool Party and invited everyone to come over and have a good time. Luckily Mindi called me Sunday afternoon to see when I was going to head over to Sue's and for some reason I thought the pool party was on Monday. I felt so stupid but it all worked out and I made it over there after finishing lunch at Red Lobster with my parents, grandma and Leon, Kris and Larry. I wish Brent could have been there with me but I'm so glad I got to spend time with my closest friends. Hopefully, some of us girls will get together this weekend and go see the Sex and The City movie!!
At Sue and Weston's Memorial Party

Mindi & Me

Lauren, Me and Mindi

On Monday, Bub cooked all of us steak, potatoes and fresh corn on the cob for lunch and it was yummy!! I attempted to make an angel lush cake but it came out more like an angel mush cake. It still tasted good but looked terrible. Oh well, better luck next time.
Thank you to all my friends and family for making this weekend so wonderful, I'm so lucky to have all of you in my life!!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment