
Brent and I went for our 12th doctors appointment on Monday, January 9, 2012. I gained 2 pounds weighing in at 172. I was really excited about this appointment because I thought Dr. Grisham might check to see if I was dilating and we were also scheduled to have a sonogram!! After Millicent took my vitals, she sent Brent and I back to the sono room. We got to see our big'o boy and after taking his measurements, Dr. Grisham said he was weighting 6 pounds 11 oz. He said everything was looking good and normal. We are estimating if I go to my due date, Preston will be about a 7-7.5 pounder. If we induce on Jan 31st he might be closer to an 8 pounder. I'm just glad we hopefully don't have a 10 pounder on our hands!!
I asked Dr. Grisham if he would be checking to see if I was dilating and he said he normally doesn't check for that until the appointment before the due date. He said there wasn't much need to continually check unless I expressed I was feeling contractions. So maybe at our next appointment, we will see if any dilating has started.
I was also concerned that if I went into labor during none business hours, that the on-call doctor might be the one to deliver Preston. I asked Dr. Grisham and he jokingly said if I go into labor on Saturday, I would need to do some yoga poses and tie my legs together and try to keep him in until Monday. So funny...hahah. He ended up comforting my fears and said unless he was on his death bed or out of town, he would be the one to deliver. I was so relieved!!
To my surprise, Dr. Grisham informed us that I tested positive on my Group B screening. At first, I thought he was joking because up until now, I have passed all the test with flying colors and wasn't expecting this. He said it was really no big deal but they would put me on antibiotics when I went into labor to prevent any bacteria getting into Preston's bloodstream and causing potential serious issues. I think this took Brent by surprise too because when he heard him say positive, Brent started to ask all kinds of questions to make sure everything would be ok.
No comments:
Post a Comment