Brent and I went for our 14th doctors appointment on Monday, Jan 23rd and surprisingly I didn't gain any weight. I remained at 174 lbs. Not sure how that is even possible considering I feel like this little boy is growing by leaps and bounds. My emotions were all over the place for this appointment because I knew Dr. Grisham would be checking me down there to see how I was progressing and Brent and I were thinking about asking him to go ahead and induce if I wasn't progressing. Turns out I wasn't progressing much, I was only dilated 1.5 and my cervix was still really high. I asked if we could induce on Friday but Dr. Grisham pretty much shot that down and said his schedule was full and we would have to stick to our original induce date of Jan. 31st. The situation felt ackward and I felt bad for asking to change our induce date but luckly Mindi gave me some good advice and perspective that evening and it made me feel much better.
I was a little disappointment to hear that I wasn't really progressing because I was hoping Preston would come on his own but more than likely I will have to be induced. I did decide that if I don't go into labor this week, I'm going to take a vacation day next Monday, Jan 30th and then go in on Tuesday, Jan 31st for my induction. If that is what ends up happening, at least I will get a few days of rest before mine and Brent's world completely change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment