I went to the hospital this morning to get our car seat checked for proper install. We were close but had a few things wrong. It was so helpful having someone very knowledgeable showing you how to properly install the car seat and how to properly secure your precious baby in their carrier. It took about 45 minutes and I'm so glad I did it and didn't just assume we had it correctly installed. There were 3 things we had wrong:
1. We had both the latches and the seat belt holding in the car seat, you should only have one or the other not both. The safety features are designed to allow a few inches of movement in the case of a car crash. With both the latch and seat belt secured, that movement is taken away and your baby takes more of an impact. Good to know
2. Car seat was installed too loosely. Although the car seat was balanced, it was too loose.
3. The seat belt strap was not fully secured down.
Car seat is all ready to go now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment