Tuesday, October 9, 2012

8 Months

It seems like the months just keep going by quicker and quicker. I feel like I just wrote about Preston turning 7 months and now I'm writing about him turning 8 months. Before I know it, I will be writing about his first birthday which I have already begun planning, of course.

This has been a huge month for Preston as he officially started crawling on Sept 2nd and started to pull himself to a standing position by holding onto furniture or a toy on Sept 22nd. He got moved from the young infant room to the older infant room at school this month as well and on the first day in his new room, he fell on the toy box and got his first bruise right on his forehead. Poor fellow : (

First Bruise

Probably the biggest milestone, at least for Brent and I that is the most exciting is Preston is now officially sleeping through the night from 8pm-6/7am!!! We had to "tough love" it for a couple of nights but it was totally worth it because now he can sooth himself to sleep and back to sleep as long as his trusty giraffe pacifier is near by. We are soo proud of our little man!!

Preston has also begun making new and more deliberate sounds. He has been experimenting with the "DaDaDa", "MaMaMa" and "BuBuBu" sounds. Brent and I have convinced ourselves that he is totally trying to say Dada and Momma. He might not be but we like to think so.

Preston Likes:
This month I have been taking Preston for long walks (which is absolutely loves) and trips to the park to swing. He even surprised me when I took him down a slide and he giggled and laughed as we went down.
Out for a walk

His favorite toy right now are the colored wooden blocks that Mindi got him. He loves to chew on the lid and bang the blocks on whatever is in front of him.
Chewing on his favorite lid
Playing with his favorite toy
He loves to chew on my necklaces especially the big chucky ones and he loves a good game of peek-a-boo.
Chewing on momma's necklace
I had to go to Target one day and decided to see if he could hang riding in the shopping cart. Good thing I tried because he had a blast and enjoyed watching me make funny faces as we went down the shopping aisles.
First time riding in a shopping cart

But by far his favorite thing to do is ride his yellow push car with his daddy all throughout the house. He looks like such a big bog when he is riding it and always has a smile on his face!!
Going for a ride on his yellow push car

Preston Dislikes:
Preston absolutely hates when he has to lay on his back to get his diaper changed. That boy cries and cries every time. I'm not sure what the magic trick is just yet because we have tried almost everything to get him to calm down but he wants nothing to do with it and wants to flip over and crawl away.
He also is not big on getting dressed in the morning. It never fails, the moment I start to put his shirt on, he cries and tries to crawl away or wiggle his way out of my arms and lap.
Besides those 2 things, he is pretty much a happy little boy

Special Moment:
This month my favorite moment lucky happened everyday and that is when you greet me with the biggest smile when you see me walk into your class at the end of the day to pick you up. The moment you see me, you smile and try to crawl to me as quickly as you can, most of the time you end up falling because your legs can't move as quickly as you want them to. I love to swoop you up and hold you in my arms after a long day at work. You bring the most joy to my life and I couldn't image not having you.

I'm not doing anything wrong...
How can you resist this sweet face
 Making music
There goes that tongue
 Umm, this looks fun to pull up on...
 I think I can do this...
Yep, I got this
 Leaping forward
Your stuck now
 I think someone is pooping
 Are you done pooping?
 Nope, not done yet
 Preston wearing the tie onsie mommy made for him
 The Porter Men on John's Birthday
 First time sitting in a high chair at a restaurant
Triston's birthday party
 Jersey day at school

No comments:

Post a Comment