Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Yesterland Farm & Pumpkin Patch

One of the first things I wanted to do with Preston in celebration of Halloween was visit a pumpkin patch. My mom came across this awesome one called "Yesterday Farm & Pumpkin Patch" in Canton, Tx. I looked it up online and it looked to be a pretty good one. We all decided to make the trip on Sunday, Oct 7th and it couldn't have worked out any better because a cold front came through the day before and really made it feel like Fall. That morning, we bundled up Preston and headed out.
When we got to the farm, we were amazed at all the activities there was to do. We didn't know that we would end up spending 4 hours there but it was the most fun 4 hours spent!! We started off by grabbing a bite to eat and a drink of hot coco then Jerod spotted the bounce house slide and could hardly wait to go down it. Then we took a few photos and then it was off to watch Jerod ride the roller coaster. He loved it and kept his arms up the whole time.
We then spotted the hayride so we all jumped on. We got a good tour of the farm and then knew exactly where and what we wanted to do next. After the hayride, we found some funny cut-outs so we got a good picture of Preston in the bee cut-out and Jerod and I posed in the bunny and other character (I have no idea what character it is?!?!).
On our way to watch the pig races, Jerod rode the big ship ride and said his seat strap kept coming loose. He thought he was going to fall out...lol.
Brent was super excited to watch the pigs race and I have to say, it was pretty funny. Our pig won one of the races...Go Blue!! Then Jerod and I ran over to the rock climbing wall to race to the top. Of course, I won!! Then Bub spotted the sack races and challenged me and Jerod to a race. I couldn't believe it, but Jerod won...us old folks (me & Bub) fell right before the finish line.
Then we took Jerod over to the pumpkin launcher to see if he could get it inside the tube on the lake. He got close but ended up missing it. Jerod did the rock climbing one more time as we made our way to the Hay Maze. The hay maze was awesome and I have always wanted to do one. Bub, Michelle and Jerod beat me, Mal and Brent to the finish line.
Jerod really wanted me to ride the roller coaster with him so we made our way back to the front and we got to ride the coaster together. We did a small photoshoot with Preston in the photo area and then headed home to catch Grayson's 4th birthday party.
It was a busy day but one of the most fun days with Preston thus far!!!!

Family Photo
Jerod going down the bounce house slide
Waiting for the ride to start...he is too cool for school
He's having a great time!!
Me & my baby
Ready to go on the hay ride
Hay Ride time
View of the Christmas tree farm on the hay ride
Seeing a Christmas tree for the first time
I need one of these for my front yard
Beez
Not real sure what character I am
Boat ride...don't fall out!! Hehehe
Pig races are about to begin
And their off...go BLUE
Those poor pigs have to run through water, its cold out here
Sleepy baby
Rock Wall Race
This is harder than it looks...geez
Almost there
Yea...we made it to the top!! Now how do we get down?
Sack Races...Yea!!
And we're off...
Hey, how come I'm in last place
All this jumping is making me pee
Bub's in the lead but not for long
I'm down
Bub chocked right at the finish line
At least I got second place
Preston, you can race with us next year...maybe
Pumpkin launching time
His reaction to someone almost making it in the tube in the lake
My sweet baby boy
Look at those beautiful eyes


Bub & Michelle waiting for Jerod to launch his pumpkin
Special moment between daddy and son
Go Jerod!!!!
Ready, set, aim
And its off
Ah man...so close
What's next mommy?
Jerod rocking climbing by himself
He's got the hang of it now
Propelling down
Corn Maze Entrance
Here we go...
Preston loved the corn stocks
Daddy leading the way
My favorite nephew
Brent cheating, of course
The 3 of us
Having a fun time

Yea, we made it through!!!
Riding the coaster together
This is fun!!
 Inside the photo shoot area
 He loved this rocking horse
 Barrel of pumpkins
 Just chillin
 He loved the ride fire car the best
Poor fellow was pooped by the end of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment