It still amazes me how much Preston changes from month to month but this month in particular he has gained more independence than I think I am ready for. He is totally ready for it but I’m having a hard time accepting the realization that he is growing so very quickly.
Preston is in the very early stages of standing on his own. He has begun to experiment with standing but doesn’t have the confidence just yet to stand solo. He will stand and hold onto something to support himself. It is just a matter of time before he gains that confidence and then watch out world!!
This month Preston has learned how to officially drink from his sippy cup. He has learned the art of tilting his head way back so he can get a nice big drink. He does it in such a big boy way too…he grabs his cup and then throws his head back to take a drink. Its soo cute and I couldn’t stop taking his picture the day he finally learned how to do it.
Preston is beginning to realize his surroundings and when someone doesn’t look familiar to him. He has his first stranger cry this month when I took him to Home Depot and the man that was cutting boards for me talked to him. He looked at the man, looked at me, looked back at the man and when he looked back at me, he reached for me to hold him as he began to cry. I told him everything was fine but it took him a moment to feel comfortable again. He is also beginning to realize when I leave his room at school. When he sees me walking towards the door, he has now begun to cry. It completely breaks my heart but it also lets me know he needs me and finds his comfort in me.
Another big milestone Preston has reached this month is getting his brand new teeth brushed. I have never brushed someone else’s teeth before so there was a learning curve there, but him and I work together and he seems to enjoy it at this point. I think he likes the taste of the toothpaste which always helps of course.
Preston’s Likes:
Preston loves to clap his hands together, push his yellow push car all around the house, play with the magnetic letters on the refrigerator, shake the rattle Aunt Shell made him out of beans and a plastic bottle, have his hair brushed and hair sprayed, drink from his sippy cup and now one of his favorite new things is closing doors. Most of all this month, he loves to make the Indian sound with you. He can do it himself by tapping his hand over his month and saying ahhh or he will make the ahhh sound while you tap your hand over his month. He finds it so funny when you make the sound as well. Mal taught him this trick and I love to do it with him!!
Preston’s Dislikes:
The biggest thing this month is when Preston isn’t happy about something he has begun to throw little fits by throwing himself back or screaming. Right now, we just let him have his fit and then we go about our business. He also shows his disapproval when something has to be taken away from him for whatever reason.
Special Moment
I have 2 special moments this month. My first favorite special moment is when Preston feels insecure; he will gently lay his head on my shoulder for comfort. He mainly does this when a stranger or someone who is he not familiar with approaches him. It completely melts my heart and I love knowing he finds his comfort in me.
My second favorite special moment occurs each morning if Preston is up and going when I am getting ready in the morning. I always place him in his bouncing door swing and he has the best time jumping all around and pulling the dirty clothes hamper down. But the moment I love is when I am either putting on my makeup or curling my hair, Preston will make a noise for the sole purpose to get my attention so I will look at him. He smiles so big when I look at him and then he will go crazy jumping or spinning himself around. When I look away, he will make a noise and then smile so big when I look back at him. We’ll do this over and over all morning and I absolutely love it. It’s a back and forth game that he started on his own. I love playing it with him and enjoy seeing him smile just because I look at him.
He's learning to put his own finger in the pacifier hole
His favorite activity of all time right now...pushing his yellow car all around
Observing the great outdoors
This is how he looks when he wakes up in the morning
Preston has officially learned how to hold and drink from his sippy cup
Fun outside with Mal
Shaking his beans in a jar
Mal...give me your glasses
Preston's first Christmas shirt...thanks Nana
Fun day outdoors
He held onto this leaf for a good long while
He loves making noise
His beloved leaf
Now he wants to eat his leaf
Hip hip hooray
Such a happy boy
Oh man, he loved swinging high in his swing
Indoor fun in the Kitchen
Preston and his books
He has discovered how to close the door
No comments:
Post a Comment