Friday, January 4, 2013

Chinese Lantern Festival

To celebrate Vicki and Dave's birthdays this year we had them along with Brad and Jessie over to our house for dinner and then we ventured out to attend the Chinese Lantern Festival at Fair Park. I was really looking forward to it and we all got a great deal on Groupon for half off!!! I wasn't exactly sure what to expect as I didn't do a lot of research about it before we went but I was pleasantly surprised at how colorful and bright the art pieces were. Preston enjoyed looking at all the lights although we all got a bit scared when the dinosaurs started to roar at us. Preston didn't like that too much. I think Vicki and Dave had a great time and now it was onto planning for Preston's first Christmas!!!

Porcelain Dragon (completely made out of 100% porcelain plates)
Cute little Pandas
 Peach Orchard
View of the pond completely covered in laterns of all kinds
 Red latern tunnel
Happy Birthday Vicki & Dave!!
 Uncle B and Aunt Jessie
These were my favorite...little girl ants
 Dinosaurs
 Purple Dinosaur
 Preston wasn't too big on this guy
 Tribute to Texas
Masks
Mommy and Preston
Showing him the cute little ants
This lantern is complete made of tiny little glass bottles
 Peacock
 View of the pond
We had a great time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment