Friday, January 4, 2013

Well Hello There Santa


Preston got to meet Santa for the very first time the morning of Dec 1, 2012. We had a wonderful opportunity to skip past the crowds to meet Santa courtesy of Preston's school Primrose. I dressed Preston in his Christmas outfit and tried to get him to wear his Santa hat but that wasn't going to happen. When we got there, Preston was greeted by Santa's Elf who made him a candy cane balloon which he loved!! Then Preston got to meet Mrs. Claus who was soo sweet. She gave him her bracelet to hold onto until he got to meet Santa. After visiting with Mrs. Claus Preston got to play in the imitation snow globe. Little did we know that when the play snow got wet, it got extremely sticky. Preston's wet hands caused the play snow to stick to him like glue. He then started to get upset as we were trying to quickly clean him off and then of course it was our turn to meet Santa. It actually was a little funny looking back now but at the time I was so flustered and trying to have everything go so perfectly. I have learned that everything does not go perfectly most of the time and you just have to roll with the punches!! Preston finally got his turn with Santa and he did great. I was thinking he was probably going to cry but he held the crying off until after we got his picture. I had to decide between the picture we ended up picking or picking one of Preston and Santa looking at each other. It was a hard choice but I ended up going with the one where you could see Preston's face. It was a great morning and I can't wait to see Preston's reaction next year!!
Merry Christmas

Santa's Elf making Preston his candy cane balloon
 Preston was keeping a close eye on him
 Wow Bubba that's awesome!!
 Hi Mrs. Claus
 So sweet
 Mrs. Claus actually wanted to hold him
 Preston with Mrs. Claus's bracelet inside the snow globe
 Oh no, look how sticky that snow is
Preston and Santa 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment