Oh my goodness!!!! What a HUGE month this has been for Preston. It makes me sad and happy all at the same time to think about all the many milestones he achieved this month.
First, Preston officially became my little toddler. I found this out when my mom told me late this month, “Well you now have a toddler on your hands”. I couldn’t believe the words that were coming out of her month but they were totally true. I have loved every phase that Preston has growth through but this one is by far the most significant. Let me step back a minute and recap from the beginning.
Standing
It all started on Sunday, Dec 2nd when Preston officially stood up and stayed stabilized in a standing position completely on his own without holding onto anything. Luckily I had my camera on me and capture the moment on film. We were at my parents’ house and all of a sudden he started to stand from a sitting position. We all cheered him on and he was so proud of himself. He wanted to do it over and over again. I called Brent and told him and he couldn’t wait for Preston and I to get home so he could see.
Walking
The next huge milestone was when he started to take his first few steps. In the beginning he would walk back and forth between 2 people sitting on the floor. He would walk a few steps and then fall into the person’s arms. He loved this game and I knew from there, it was only a matter of time before he was going to take off running. Preston took his first few steps on Tuesday, Dec 11th when my mom and I were at my house and we sat on the floor and encouraged him to walk back and forth between us. He grinned the whole time and did a great job. His next phase was completely walking on his own but walking mummy style with both his arms out in front of him to help himself balance on Sunday Dec 23rd. He was learning how to maneuver throughout the house and learning how to turn around. By the third phase, his arms were down and he was flying through the house going from room to room to room. This is when my mom told me that I now had a toddler on my hands.
The next huge milestone was when he started to take his first few steps. In the beginning he would walk back and forth between 2 people sitting on the floor. He would walk a few steps and then fall into the person’s arms. He loved this game and I knew from there, it was only a matter of time before he was going to take off running. Preston took his first few steps on Tuesday, Dec 11th when my mom and I were at my house and we sat on the floor and encouraged him to walk back and forth between us. He grinned the whole time and did a great job. His next phase was completely walking on his own but walking mummy style with both his arms out in front of him to help himself balance on Sunday Dec 23rd. He was learning how to maneuver throughout the house and learning how to turn around. By the third phase, his arms were down and he was flying through the house going from room to room to room. This is when my mom told me that I now had a toddler on my hands.
He's walking!!!
Table Food
Preston has officially gone to a table food diet verses baby food fed to him from a spoon. We transitioned him to table food at school and instead of preparing bottles, I’m now preparing sippy cups for his milk at school. He likes to hold big pieces of food like a chicken nugget or muffin and munch on it although he will eat pieces of food that I tear into pieces. His main source of nutrition is still from his milk as he is not the biggest table food eater. Most of his food ends up on the floor but he is trying.
Preston has officially gone to a table food diet verses baby food fed to him from a spoon. We transitioned him to table food at school and instead of preparing bottles, I’m now preparing sippy cups for his milk at school. He likes to hold big pieces of food like a chicken nugget or muffin and munch on it although he will eat pieces of food that I tear into pieces. His main source of nutrition is still from his milk as he is not the biggest table food eater. Most of his food ends up on the floor but he is trying.
First Christmas
His final big milestone was celebrating his First Christmas. He got to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus on Dec 1st, open his first Christmas present on Dec 16th, attend his first candle light service on Christmas Eve, and wake up Christmas morning to tons of presents and snowing falling on the ground to make his first Christmas a White Christmas. Preston got lots of new toys but his favorites were his big teddy bear that we named “Teddie”, the ball pit, his drum set and his train toy.
His final big milestone was celebrating his First Christmas. He got to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus on Dec 1st, open his first Christmas present on Dec 16th, attend his first candle light service on Christmas Eve, and wake up Christmas morning to tons of presents and snowing falling on the ground to make his first Christmas a White Christmas. Preston got lots of new toys but his favorites were his big teddy bear that we named “Teddie”, the ball pit, his drum set and his train toy.
Preston’s Likes:
Preston loves to play in the refrigerator, push big objects like the bathroom chair, the shopping cart at the grocery store and big plastic containers. He has learned how to steer his yellow push car. He can twist and turn that thing now to go whichever way he wants it to go. He has discovered all thing toilet related. He likes to open the toilet lid and put his hand in the toilet water, shack the flush handle but most of all, he likes to unroll all the toilet paper. Preston is my little explorer and he loves to touch everything to see what’s it’s all about. Preston has also learned how to find his pacifier and put it in his mouth himself as well as throw it on the floor when he is done with it.
Playing in the refrigerator
One hand on the handle and one hand on the toliet paper
Daddy giving Preston a new lesson
Looks clean Daddy
Now let me show you something Daddy...this is how you flush
Pushing more big objects
Preston’s Dislikes:
Preston has begun to recognize his carrier and when he is about to be placed in it. He will begin to push away from me trying to get away so he doesn’t have to be placed in his carrier. I feel bad when he fights me but it’s the law. I wish he was big enough to sit forward but I’m hoping we can transition him to forward facing on his birthday. Preston officially has all 4 of his front teeth and he hates to have them brushed. I wish there was an easier way and there probably is but I can’t seem to figure out how to brush them without having to hold him down. Poor fella.
Special Moment:
My favorite moment this month was sitting in our living room around the fireplace watching Preston play with all his new toys on Christmas night. It was a surreal feeling just sitting back and observing the enormous blessing I have of a hard working husband, healthy baby and a warm cozy home to live in. The icing on the cake was looking out the window and seeing our backyard blanketed in white fluffy snow. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect ending to our first Christmas with Preston. Priceless to say the least.
Christmas Night
Now its on to planning your 1st Birthday Party!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment