Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas with Dave & Vicki!!



With our bags packed, Brent and I headed to Dave and Vicki's house late Christmas Eve night to continue our tradition of spending the night and waking up bright and early Christmas morning. When we got to their house, Brad, Jessie, Grams and Peeps were already there although Brad and Grams were fast asleep. This year Vicki decided to not do her traditional stocking gifts and instead stuffed our stocking full of lottery scratch cards. This was a big hit for everyone especially me!!! Everyone got 5 scratch cards and when I was scratching my 3rd card, I realized I had a winning number for $10. As I kept scratching, I kept revealing more winning numbers. I ended up winning $100 on a $2 scratch card!! It was awesome. I couldn't believe it. I never win anything. I felt bad that not everyone won but not bad enough to not cash the darn thing!! Vicki actually ended up winning pretty big too. She won a total of $80 among all her scratch cards. I hope she continues this tradition next year!!

After our scratch card excitement, it was time to hit the hay because we had to wake up by 7am the next morning. Sure enough, come 7am Vicki lightly knocked on the door to wake us up as it was time for breakfast. She had made an egg casserole, fresh hot chocolate and mini cinnamon cakes. I was first in line of course and ate every bite. Then it was time for presents. I got a lot of goodies that included a diaper pale for Preston's room, a cuddly outfit for Preston, craft scissors, bath rug, baby magic bullet and a pretty peacock table. Brent's big gift was a nice TV for the kitchen.

After opening all our gifts, Brent and I headed home to get cleaned up for dinner at Sheila and Steve's. Brent and I opened our stockings when we got home just the 2 of us. He got me my Lovey perfume and I got him a new hat, Polo Black body wash and a few scratch lottery cards. I didn't think we would be lucky enough to win again but we ended up winning another $27 from $1 and $2 scratch cards. I thinking about taking up lottery cards as a new form of income. It has proven to be successful so far!!

We finished our Christmas weekend at Sheila and Steve's with a very delicious meal. I had 2 plates worth and dessert of course.

Merry Christmas everyone. We love you all!!!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment