Group Photo

Preston's first turkey trot

Uncle Brad and Aunt Jessie


Kathy and her kids


All us girls and Nathalie too

The starting line

They let the guys in wheel chairs go first

Then the runners

Off they go

Then all the walkers


Pretty few of downtown in all that fog

They had lots of water for everyone to drink up

Yea!! We made it!!

Camera people taking your picture as you crossed the finish line

Brent got a little warm from all that walking

After we trotted, it was time to get cookin. Luckily, I didn't have much to cook other than the corn casserole because I baked my dessert the night before. Once, the cheese was all nice and melted, Brent and I headed out the door to go back to John and Kathy's. This was our first year to spend Thanksgiving with John and Kathy and we had a great time. They served turkey, duck and all the fixings. My favorite dish was the homemade dumplings Jessie made. They were amazing and I had at least 8 of them. After lunch everyone plopped on the couch to watch the Cowboys take a win. It wasn't a pretty win but it was a win. They started to dip into the desserts about halfway through the game and my Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars got the "Best Dessert" award. It was nearly all gone by the end of the evening. I guess you can't go wrong with 3 sticks of butter, cups of sugar and brown sugar and adding a little healthy twist to it with the apples. It was a great Thanksgiving and we can't wait till next year when Preston will be with us!!
The boys spending Thanksgiving with their dad

The Porter Family

Thanksgiving Decorations
No comments:
Post a Comment